conbon Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 Could you guys help me out because I am honestly so lost with all of this stuff. I have no idea what im doing. I just want a nicer/bigger box but my trunk in my 2004 Mercury Sable LS is so darn small. I cant find the dimensions anywhere and I don't know how to get them myself. im only 17, im not very smart or experienced with this stuff yet. I would appreciate it so much if you guys could get some information for me and tell me the dimensions I should use for my subs which are 2 Rockford 12" P3D4s. I have a Rockford t1000-1 at 1 ohm putting out 1500+ watts rms. I listen strictly to rap, ex: a$ap ferg and rocky, Kendrick, rick ross, lil wayne, 2 chainz, yelawolf, drake, basically that genre of rap if that explains it. Just help me. guide me to the best decision. I appreciate it guys. 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE Kicker CS61234 Kicker 40CS674 Kicker KST25 Sundown Audio SA-12 D2 Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate t400-4 Audio Control LC7i Kinetik HC2000 0/1 Gauge Big 3 Upgrade Beer, babes, and bass.
Joe X Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 You need to post the maximum dims for a box that you can fit in it's way in. Music you listen also.
conbon Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 You need to post the maximum dims for a box that you can fit in it's way in. Music you listen also. how do I find that out? 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE Kicker CS61234 Kicker 40CS674 Kicker KST25 Sundown Audio SA-12 D2 Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate t400-4 Audio Control LC7i Kinetik HC2000 0/1 Gauge Big 3 Upgrade Beer, babes, and bass.
Joe X Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 The internal dimensions with a tape measure, the box can go in through the trunk opening or sometimes or sometimes taking away the backseats so dimensions for those two openings or at least the trunk opening to start.
conbon Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 The internal dimensions with a tape measure, the box can go in through the trunk opening or sometimes or sometimes taking away the backseats so dimensions for those two openings or at least the trunk opening to start. okay. ill try it. thanks 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE Kicker CS61234 Kicker 40CS674 Kicker KST25 Sundown Audio SA-12 D2 Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate t400-4 Audio Control LC7i Kinetik HC2000 0/1 Gauge Big 3 Upgrade Beer, babes, and bass.
Meka Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 My sable likes sub forward port to the drivers side, it's a 2000. I have a single 12 in a 2.4cuft box not sure at all what its tuned to. I'd guess around 38-40hz. Really strong on most rap music, but doesn't kill the lows obviously. Going to be trying a smaller box in the near future.
conbon Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 My sable likes sub forward port to the drivers side, it's a 2000. I have a single 12 in a 2.4cuft box not sure at all what its tuned to. I'd guess around 38-40hz. Really strong on most rap music, but doesn't kill the lows obviously. Going to be trying a smaller box in the near future. i just want a bigger box. im literally at the smallest i could get and that barely fits. i want a port too. im planning on getting 2 12 L7s 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE Kicker CS61234 Kicker 40CS674 Kicker KST25 Sundown Audio SA-12 D2 Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate t400-4 Audio Control LC7i Kinetik HC2000 0/1 Gauge Big 3 Upgrade Beer, babes, and bass.
Joe X Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 My sable likes sub forward port to the drivers side, it's a 2000. I have a single 12 in a 2.4cuft box not sure at all what its tuned to. I'd guess around 38-40hz. Really strong on most rap music, but doesn't kill the lows obviously. Going to be trying a smaller box in the near future. i just want a bigger box. im literally at the smallest i could get and that barely fits. i want a port too. im planning on getting 2 12 L7s L7s need big boxes just like SQ/AQ. They do get low if you give them what they need though.
VaNQuisH Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 My sable likes sub forward port to the drivers side, it's a 2000. I have a single 12 in a 2.4cuft box not sure at all what its tuned to. I'd guess around 38-40hz. Really strong on most rap music, but doesn't kill the lows obviously. Going to be trying a smaller box in the near future. i just want a bigger box. im literally at the smallest i could get and that barely fits. i want a port too. im planning on getting 2 12 L7s I highly suggest you do A LOT of research before making any purchases. You don't want to buy something not be happy and then have to fix/upgrade it later. The L7's can be outdone by a number of drivers... Just be clear on what your goal is Currently: * Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage * (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm) * (1) Arc Audio 1200.6 * RF 360.3 DSP
Meka Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 Yeah its a small opening, if i were you I would build a box out of cardboard first and see how well it slides in.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.