Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box help? 08 ext cab silverado sa8


sRocky

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know this has been discussed but I haven't actually found an answer. Is it possible to fit an sa8 under the back seat on these trucks. I used

the calculator and came up with what I think will work but from more reading it seems Im not getting something incorrect.

This Is what I have so Im trying to work with it.

t500bdcp - single sa8

t400-4 - massive audio rk6

I want to build the box long so I can make one side sub, and the other amp racks, any help would be appreciated.

Posted

No you can't have 3 square inches of port area for that sub think 11-14 square inches of port.

Posted

4939960a-8b06-45e1-aebf-006797b670d6.png

Idk I need a box that has a 9 or 10" front 7" back no more than 14" deep and 17" wide if it says "port to complex"

does that make it have an L port and do I just measure each side for port dimensions? I think Im lost.

Posted

The calculator has it's limitations, anyways you have now 5.5 square inches, that is still low.

Posted

when I get more square inches the freq goes up, does anybody have the dimensions for something that will work? How does an external port work, can I port the top section of this box and extend it longer so half the port is extended past the length of the box.

the box I have it in now has a 4" areo port 16" long its 9x12x3x13 and 31" long, it works great I Just cant fit it under my seat because the speaker faces up and the seat hits it and the box is 31 instead of 17".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3123 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...