Desousa93 Posted December 7, 2013 Report Posted December 7, 2013 I have a 2 component ses from kicker ks6.2 the sets are rated at 75 watts rms.. Would the tweeter handle 75 rms or more if it's a clean signal? Could i use the kicker passive xover and hookup some Pwx 6.5 for mids and keep the kicker tweeters? or could i use the kicker crossovers for the PWX 6.5 AND a FTE super tweeter? New Build in the Making 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.
Desousa93 Posted December 7, 2013 Author Report Posted December 7, 2013 I need @snowdrifters expert opinions New Build in the Making 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.
SnowDrifter Posted December 8, 2013 Report Posted December 8, 2013 In order: 1. The component set as a whole is 75 watts. With most of that power going to the midrange driver. I wouldn't want to send 75 watts to that tweeter. 2. See above 3. Yes, I actually did something similar on a previous component set I had, it sounded really really good. Just make sure you match up the total resistance of your PWXs to that of the original midrange. Example: If the original speaker was a 4 ohm speaker, you can either get a 4 ohm PWX or (2) 8 ohm PWXs paralleled down to 4 ohms. Or any combination. So long as your final load is 4 ohms. 4. I've tried that too. Typically the crossover points in a component set are set too low for pro audio tweeters and sound like crap. In my testing, they sounded so shrill I was wincing. Awful. IMO your best bet would be some sort of active crossover so you can play with crossover points to see what sounds best to you. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Desousa93 Posted December 8, 2013 Author Report Posted December 8, 2013 Kicker websit says it crosses over at 4k with a 12db slope.. all i know is that a steeper the slope the better the cutoff. Would 4kthe be too low? New Build in the Making 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.