Kicker crossover with different mids?

Desousa93

I have a 2 component ses from kicker ks6.2 the sets are rated at 75 watts rms..

Would the tweeter handle 75 rms or more if it's a clean signal?

Could i use the kicker passive xover and hookup some Pwx 6.5 for mids and keep the kicker tweeters?

or could i use the kicker crossovers for the PWX 6.5 AND a FTE super tweeter?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

In order:

1. The component set as a whole is 75 watts. With most of that power going to the midrange driver. I wouldn't want to send 75 watts to that tweeter.

2. See above

3. Yes, I actually did something similar on a previous component set I had, it sounded really really good. Just make sure you match up the total resistance of your PWXs to that of the original midrange. Example: If the original speaker was a 4 ohm speaker, you can either get a 4 ohm PWX or (2) 8 ohm PWXs paralleled down to 4 ohms. Or any combination. So long as your final load is 4 ohms.

4. I've tried that too. Typically the crossover points in a component set are set too low for pro audio tweeters and sound like crap. In my testing, they sounded so shrill I was wincing. Awful. IMO your best bet would be some sort of active crossover so you can play with crossover points to see what sounds best to you.

Kicker websit says it crosses over at 4k with a 12db slope.. all i know is that a steeper the slope the better the cutoff.

Would 4kthe be too low?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

Archived