Second Skin Audio

how do i figure out how big i have to make the port?

GueroZ28

Use the 6", it's more port area. I can't help you with all the questions you have. Maybe someone else can, but there are too many for me to keep up on.

Thats fine u really helped alot.. i pretty much know how to make it already .. thing is the more people added, the more questions i had.. but i think everything else everyone said will benefit with more expperience

One thing I caught on to when I was building my ports is some sites with tuning calculators are different. Not too much but if you want exact I would do some research and see what numbers are more common. See how much room you have to put the port in. And know what tunning you want. If you don't have enough room to put that port in the front between the subs it could always go on the side towards the bottom. Multiple ports could also be an option. Size of the tubing depends. If you want 1 port it might be big like 6". Or 2 3'' ports that would be shorter... Check out my garage, I have a small cavalier with a 6.5 cu gross box for 2 12's. I Have a lot of ports (for a unique port design). But only 2-4'' ports about 15'' long for the subs. I have em set at 49hz but I also set it up to where I can invert my subs to get a lower tune @ 28hz. Learn it and design it, You cant go wrong.

I'll leave most of the past some as you are trying to help a fellow member which I applaud and support :)

You did mention he could use a single 6" or 2 3" ports instead to work better with port length selection. I just wanted you and Guero to know that those are not at ALL the same amount of port area. 2 3" ports is a little longer 14" of port and a single 6" is a little over 28" of port. That's twice the amount of port. Simply doubling the diameter doesn't should the amount of surface area. I just wanted that made clear. Proceed :)

So i can use the 2 3" ports but ttheyd have to be longer? How long? And is it possible to face back? Or is it better and simpler to use the 6inch pvc ??

Just to clear things up, if you went to 3" ports you will have to use 4 of them to have the same amount of port area as one 6" port and they would end up being close to the same length as the 6" port would be.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

One thing I caught on to when I was building my ports is some sites with tuning calculators are different. Not too much but if you want exact I would do some research and see what numbers are more common. See how much room you have to put the port in. And know what tunning you want. If you don't have enough room to put that port in the front between the subs it could always go on the side towards the bottom. Multiple ports could also be an option. Size of the tubing depends. If you want 1 port it might be big like 6". Or 2 3'' ports that would be shorter... Check out my garage, I have a small cavalier with a 6.5 cu gross box for 2 12's. I Have a lot of ports (for a unique port design). But only 2-4'' ports about 15'' long for the subs. I have em set at 49hz but I also set it up to where I can invert my subs to get a lower tune @ 28hz. Learn it and design it, You cant go wrong.

I'll leave most of the past some as you are trying to help a fellow member which I applaud and support :)

You did mention he could use a single 6" or 2 3" ports instead to work better with port length selection. I just wanted you and Guero to know that those are not at ALL the same amount of port area. 2 3" ports is a little longer 14" of port and a single 6" is a little over 28" of port. That's twice the amount of port. Simply doubling the diameter doesn't should the amount of surface area. I just wanted that made clear. Proceed :)

So i can use the 2 3" ports but ttheyd have to be longer? How long? And is it possible to face back? Or is it better and simpler to use the 6inch pvc ??
Just to clear things up, if you went to 3" ports you will have to use 4 of them to have the same amount of port area as one 6" port and they would end up being close to the same length as the 6" port would be.

Oh ok now i get it.. u by any chance know where i can get the carpeting? maybe black?

Archived