Second Skin Audio

Same set-up, New vehicle, Time for new box?????

Kenny Clark

So since I no longer need to drive my car (Got a company truck now WOOT WOOT) I decided to pull the system and put it in my truck. (2005 Silverado extended cab) Kinda getto right now...Box is sitting on the back seat :/ Anyways, I was really excited for the change, thinking that in a smaller cab it would be louder and be able to notice some more air movement. Not really the case. Yeah its loud but ehhhh...

Now before everyone says "Dump the Skars" and so on I have to say that there really isnt a chance right now to get new equip so what im looking for are ideas. I want to be as efficient as I can with what I have and that will be that for now. With that being said, here is what I have for equipment.

2-15" Skar IVXs, 6.2 CuFt box, Slot ported, tuned to 32Hz running off a Skar 800.1

Stock alt

Big 3

All of my power and ground runs are 1/0 welding leads

2- Deep cycle batts (One under the hood and one in my tool box)

Im thinking I want to build a new box. Maybe I can modify the current one? Does anyone have any suggestions?? I REALLLLLLY want to do some sort of 4th...Maybe its a pipe dream! Lol. I guess I really need someone with more (Wait, ALOT MORE) knowledge than I have to point me in the right direction.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

I would say new box IMO

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I tweaked a bit your dimensions, actually 4 1/4" is the widest port your 35" baffle can support, also the IVXs displacement has gone down to 0.13 cf per sub, the difference it's nothing but that's what I used:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz

Vb = 6.2 ft^3

External Height = 18.5 in

External Width = 35 in

External Depth = 24 in

Port Width = 4 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 15 3/8 x 17

Back = 35 x 17

Left & Right Sides: 22 1/2 x 17

Top & Bottom = 35 x 24

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 17 3/8 x 17

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

TSFPFSBNT_zps1eb6d69e.jpg

Important notes:

- All trunk boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- The port needs 4 1/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

You actually did this for me Joe back a while ago. As far as the seat goes....Im not really ready to take it out. I know I know......I have 3 kids and SOMETIMES we use my truck for family adventures so at this time I still need the back seat. I have taken measurements and subs up is the only way the damn thing will fit in there. Im 6'2" so I need my leg room. My gut tells me that im kinda screwed due to having the seat in but I figured I would throw it out there and see...

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

If you attempt a 4th bandpass will be way larger. I would try to fit it subs / port up without the backseat just to see what kind of improvement you get.

I don't think it would be worth doing a blowthrough for those little subs which would be the only way to do a 4th and keep your back seats.

If you attempt a 4th bandpass will be way larger. I would try to fit it subs / port up without the backseat just to see what kind of improvement you get.

I don't think it would be worth doing a blowthrough for those little subs which would be the only way to do a 4th and keep your back seats.

Ok. Are you thinking that the whole setup might be firing too close to the roof? And no....I will naaaat be doing a blowthrough! Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived