Sundown Audio

400 watt amp

Greasemonkey2014

The Audio Technix bighoss150 listed will do ~400 at 2Ω. It is a very under rated little amp and the model number is not the power rating.

So it says 200 RMS at 2ohms. Is that running one sub or two? Sorry im an audio noob so I have to ask.. Thanks

any amp will run an infinite amount of speakers, as long as the final ohm load (what ohm load the amp sees) is right

The Audio Technix bighoss150 listed will do ~400 at 2Ω. It is a very under rated little amp and the model number is not the power rating.

So it says 200 RMS at 2ohms. Is that running one sub or two? Sorry im an audio noob so I have to ask.. Thanks

any amp will run an infinite amount of speakers, as long as the final ohm load (what ohm load the amp sees) is right

So in theory I could hook 14 subs up to this and it would push out 200watts as long as its wired to 2 ohms?

So in theory I could hook 14 subs up to this and it would push out 200watts as long as its wired to 2 ohms?

Not in theory. In practice. And the rating on that amp is at 12.8 volts. When your vehicle is running, the voltage is between 13.8-14.5 on average and that means the amplifier will produce more power.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

yeah, but then in that situation, each woofer would be getting about 14 watts.

What do you mean by leaving the amp turned up or down?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

i think he means he wants to use a bigger amp that is dialed back to output less power, instead of a smaller amp that will stress harder trying to make power.

I suppose the gain? Im not disbelieving your claim about that amp being underrated but I need to see that it says itll run 200watts x4ohm x2 subs or 200watts x 2ohm x 2 subs. I don't want to get the amp and put it in and wish I had gotten a higher powered amp, because that's how the current amp I have is acting now.

Archived