Problem with my Avital 5303

Hello Everyone I'm new here so I will do my best to describe this issue

I have a 1991 Honda Accord SE 2.2 4 Cylinder

I am quite good at electrical installs on most things in vehicles Radio's/ Speakers, Guage Cluster's, Map Lights so on

I did a self install of a Avital 5303 I think back in February or March and It has worked flawlessly always starts the car up with auto start, Locks unlocks fine never a single problem.

problem....

Tonight I went to a Christmas Presentation at my church. I arrive early to things like this for parking reason's

1. Got out of the car and proceded to lock the car ( Car gave a noticeably quieter chirp than normal, and the Parking lights flashed dimly)

2 . Unlocked the car to see if I was just imagining things ( Car gave another 2 chirps for unlock and the 2 dim flashes of light from the parking lights)

3 Started car to see if it was my battery and it was not

4 Disconnected the battery for 5 mins and re connected (No Change in the alarm's behavior)

5 Locked the car and walked away to the service (Status light blinked fine with no codes)

6 After the service Attempted to auto start the car ( came back to the parking lights flickering and the starter clicking like a relay)

7 Unlocked the car and quit the auto start command

8 Un plugged the modual and had to jump some wires to start my car without the power to the Alarm (It did start fine at that point)

I am so confused why It decided to go skitso on me all of a sodden and I cannot find a phone number for Avital Any ideas of where to go or what went wrong let me know. All wiring was not touched between it working fine and tonight let me know what I can do

Thank you

I have seen issues like this on avital alarms before and it always lead back to a bad alarm brain ground check your connection to see if it is loose or become disconnected at any point this should solve your problem! Self tap screws always have a way of coming loose slightly over time if you can ground to a factory sub frame dash bolt if you haven't already.

"Custom isn't bought its created"

I have seen issues like this on avital alarms before and it always lead back to a bad alarm brain ground check your connection to see if it is loose or become disconnected at any point this should solve your problem! Self tap screws always have a way of coming loose slightly over time if you can ground to a factory sub frame dash bolt if you haven't already.

right on the money. alarm ground problem will be the number 1 issue.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

• 4 months later...

Archived