• 2 weeks later...

Got some work done this weekend and wanted to share.

Screwed and glued the back on (it is doubled 3/4)

Posted Image

Added a coat of rsein to help smooth things out a bit.

Posted Image

Then after a few hours of bondo, sanding and primer

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then one more test fit.

Posted Image

I was in a rush and didn't get any pics but I built a false floor out of 3/4" birch and added a 2x3 to the front of the floor to help trim the box and keep it secure as well as to keep things from sliding into the box.  Also, in the future if I decide to add a wall I can use the 2x3 as my base.

These are the final pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And until i get my next amp I just simply mounted this one to the box.  My next amp will go beside it then I will add trim to make it a flush mount.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Made alot of progress.  Still have alot to do, but I am happy with the results so far. Not a bad business card. ;D ;D ;D ;D

don't know how it sounds  ::)  :D  waiting for power cables!! Should be in this week.  Also waiting for cd player.  I was going to use the factory for now but the disk changer started skipping badly a few weeks ago so I HAD to order a new one. Just a cheapy  Pioneer to get me by. It will go in my girlfriend's car when I do her system in the fall.  ::)Won't be able to listen to it until next weekend, then I need to spend the first weeek or so breaking in the subs.  No big booms for at least a couple of weeks  :( :(

i have a question though.  when you designed this box did u design the 2x3 and sub displacement in the design?  seems like all that bracing took up a lot of space.  could have got rid of some of that uneccesary bracing and made the box a bit shallower.  none the less it looks good and im sure it sounds good too.  just my 2 cents.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

the 2x3's don't take up much space at all (.02 and .04ft3 each total space = .4ft3 total ). Doubling all the walls took up most of the space. And yes, I pre-calculated everything, and made any adjustments along the way. Ended with each chamber at .81ft3 and a QTC of .71.

......and you could definatley make a smaller enclosure.  I went overboard. My next project will be the smallest fiberglass enclosure I can make.  I will be doing a setup for  a friend in a '02 mustang convertible. Not much room to work with. They won't be ready until this fall though.  My true next thing will be kick pods.

Archived