Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

bad luck!


brent379

Recommended Posts

Posted

so I had a problem earlier this week. built a new box... put it in and got literally no output..... well after a week off testing...I find out for one the sub output rcas on my deck went out... so I swapped decks and rcas and still got no out put... so I swapped amps and still the same result.... come to find out both the subs in the box are bad! weird thing is the voice coils still read 2ohm on both coils.... but when you free air them they don't move! so what exactly would cause that?????

Posted

The amp doesn't work

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Posted

No it does. I originally was running 4 tens then went to two.... so I took one of the tens I wasn't using and hooked it up to the asp and free air tested it and the cone moved like it should! so I took one of the tens out of the box and free air tested it the same exact way and the cone doesn't move.... but both voice coils are reading 2 ohm like they should. so does that mean the motor went out on the woofer?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5805 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...