Building speaker cabinet

So a little back story before my questions. My brother is a musician/singer. He went to frostburg university for singing and got a degree in music education(he is working on his masters now). He started his own record label and to make a long story short talked to some people he knew who preformed a lot and they talked about how much cabinets cost. Well with him knowing i am in to car audio he calls me and asks if i would mind helping him in building some speaker cabinets. We talked for a wile and decided that starting with what i already know (being sub's) would be the best/easiest thing.

#1. I know i cant use car audio subs for this they most likely will not produce the sound the way we want it. With that being said what are some brands of subs you would use. Im looking for JUST the driver not a driver/cabinet combo.

#2. what sights do yall use to find the right type of drivers to use for this type of application.

I found some here on parts-express and they seem to look right but i dont know.

http://www.parts-express.com/search.aspx?N=4294967118%204294965003%204294965103&Nrpp=64&Nrs=collection()/record[endeca:matches(.,%22P_PortalID%22,%221%22)%20and%20endeca:matches(.,%22P_Searchable%22,%221%22)]&Ns=P_BestPrice|0&Ntt=drivers&PortalID=1&showMoreIds=10025

Any help on this guys would be great i am hoping for this one day to become a business me and him can forum and provide cabinets for performers for a more reasonable cost then what they have to pay now for decent gear.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section i did not think it belonged in the pro audio one but if it does mods can you move it to the correct one please.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Well it's not for home audio it's for musicians that do live performances and studeos and such

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

It really depends what price range you want the gear to be aimed at, you can go cheap and do the parts express stuff to get your product in a really low price range, but expect it to sound cheap trust me ive tried and unless you use decent gear to start with no amount of 'decent cab' will solve it.

What size cabs are you wanting to design? 2way? 3 way? modular? are you wanting them bi amped or using a passive crossover? what material are you making them out of? some speakers have really different responces. so make sure you look at the charts

I made some folded horn subs using B&C drivers, I love their stuff, sounds mint and is easy on the pocket!

I own my own pro audio company and have been in the industry for many years so let me know if you need any help

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

It really depends what price range you want the gear to be aimed at, you can go cheap and do the parts express stuff to get your product in a really low price range, but expect it to sound cheap trust me ive tried and unless you use decent gear to start with no amount of 'decent cab' will solve it.

What size cabs are you wanting to design? 2way? 3 way? modular? are you wanting them bi amped or using a passive crossover? what material are you making them out of? some speakers have really different responces. so make sure you look at the charts

I made some folded horn subs using B&C drivers, I love their stuff, sounds mint and is easy on the pocket!

I own my own pro audio company and have been in the industry for many years so let me know if you need any help

I'm going to pm you

141 on music.

Archived