Im looking to get my first handgun for personal protection as well as something I can take to the range regularly and is affordable. I felt that a 9mm would be a good gun to start with, as I want to get a concealed carry license and keep it in my car for protection. Is the FMK 9C1 a good option?

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

dunno man. A couple more bucks and you could be into a Glock 17. 9mm is the PERFECT defense caliber. I know people who have been shooting 9mm for two decades and won't carry anything else. With modern ammo 9mm is not a starter, it is a solid performer...

• 2 weeks later...

dunno man. A couple more bucks and you could be into a Glock 17. 9mm is the PERFECT defense caliber. I know people who have been shooting 9mm for two decades and won't carry anything else. With modern ammo 9mm is not a starter, it is a solid performer...

This!

I know the FMK had some issues when it came out, The sights are funny, and they sent out kits to fix the triggers and the kits didnt work. after that I stopped looking at them.

and as Airborn said above, for a little more money you could get a glock, and for the same price you can get a second hand glock.

Archived