devongeraci Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 Hi I'm looking to build a 15 using a sundown basket with a ten inch spider does any one know where I can get a spider that will work with a 4 inch voice coil and a motor its probably far fetched but I would like to use a 12inch motor? O one more thing is there a way to use 3 spiders
Krakin Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 I would message PurpleHaze on here about building custom drivers. He has built many of them before. This is a link to his page: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/42530-purplehaze/ Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Andreetje77 Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 On ebay is a store that sells spiders,motors and voicecoils http://stores.ebay.nl/ultra-audio-1?_rdc=1 take a look maybe you will find something.
devongeraci Posted December 25, 2013 Author Report Posted December 25, 2013 I will check them out one of the guys here at the shop had an idea and a quad coil voice coil I have a way to make the coil but is it worth the time
MACnonsence6 Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 should prolly do alot more research before just putting random parts together and hoping they work well. theres different types, strenghs of spiders. and just using a coil that fits may not be the best idea either theres so many variables research alot before you try this. id hope you have a set of calipers so you can accuratly find the id,od of your motor. also keep in mind bigger coil doesnt mean better. just because you can fit a 4k coil in something does not mean that motor has the ability to cool it I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
devongeraci Posted December 25, 2013 Author Report Posted December 25, 2013 we have built 10s. and 12s before this is the first 15 This is just a proto before we make the baskets and everything in house
MACnonsence6 Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 if you have built subs in the past and are talking about production i dont think you would need to be asking these types of questions , just saying I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
devongeraci Posted December 25, 2013 Author Report Posted December 25, 2013 We make every thing in house if it passes the proto phase the only thing we don't make is the spiders and drivers I have a source for both but nether can get the size I need we have modified the sundown basket to the point where we are expecting about 5.5-5.75" in movement both ways we had every thing to build the sub but thjngs got kinda out of hand and we went it that's the only reason for a 12 inch driver and a custom spider the quad coil vc was just an idea
MACnonsence6 Posted December 25, 2013 Report Posted December 25, 2013 I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.