Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Question - which side... .. ..

TrippiN

Just a quick question. I been building boxes for a few years here and there learned 98.2% :P of it from here, RoE, etc.

Anyways, I have always had 2+ subs, every build dual sub enclosures, or small singles for each sub pending space, use, etc. So I have (1) Power Acoustik P3 12".

quoe.jpg

Made a box for my Lancer, ~2.2ft3, 32hz, but I don't know if it matters where I mount the sub. Im gonna try sub back port back, but I don't know if the sub needs to go to the left (closest to the port) or to the far side. Every time I build a box of this width, I have (2) subs in it. I never heard pros or cons on where to put it for a single box. Any input, does it matter? Gonna cut the sub hole today so just curious.

Just did a standard 1.5" port, 8"x12" ~2.2 cu, used RE Box Calc, always used it on ported builds. WIth sub installed top & bottom only 3/4" gap (cause of bezel). Picture is deceiving i guess. Think the box dimensions were 31W x 17H X 11D. I went ahead and cut the hole farther away, and finished fiber glassing the inside. happy u posted that lol.

The re calculator has been proven to be wrong. Try using torrents.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived