Getting an alarm installed Saturday but not sure what to get? HELP

Are there any alarms with an upgraded chirp sound as well as an upgraded siren? It's a pretty dumb question, but car alarms all sound the same since ever since I can remember. I heard a newer 2011-2012 BMW 5 or 7 series with a very nice chirp when someone locked the doors. Just wish something aftermarket sounded nice like that.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Viper 5704v or Prestige APS997 are the alarms we carry at my job.

Viper is 269 Installed + your module if your car needs it.

Prestige is 169 Installed + module if needed.

Both are nice alarms, Id run the Viper if you have the money.

Better company, longer range, KeyFOB looks alot better + more functions on it.

Good deal thanks for the info. I agree with spending a bit more for a better product. What do you mean by module? what does that do? i have a 07 chevy equinox.

If you're going to invest that much loot in your setup why not save a little more and get a better alarm from a shop that has a good reputation with their installs.

If you're going to invest that much loot in your setup why not save a little more and get a better alarm from a shop that has a good reputation with their installs.

But what makes a good alarm? The shop i'll be getting it installed at is a good shop. Just looking for the best alarm for the cheapest dollar.

So I got the Viper 350 plus installed at $250 even. I looked up the alarm and found it for $59.99 on Sonic Electronix but i've never installed an alarm and dont have the want to learn right now so I guess $200 for labor is ehh . ok whatever. You guys have any opinion on this? Did I get shafted? I mean my options are low considering the lack of knowledge to do such a job myself. F*ck it im happy and thats what counts :nuts:

So I got the Viper 350 plus installed at $250 even. I looked up the alarm and found it for $59.99 on Sonic Electronix but i've never installed an alarm and dont have the want to learn right now so I guess $200 for labor is ehh . ok whatever. You guys have any opinion on this? Did I get shafted? I mean my options are low considering the lack of knowledge to do such a job myself. F*ck it im happy and thats what counts :nuts:

My guy charged me $150 for a Viper one way alarm installation. I got an extra siren, backup battery, and one more thing that Im not going to mention on the forums. All wires were soldered and heat shrunk.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Similar alarm. Mine just has one more output iirc. I wouldn't say that u got the shaft. Demographics play a huge role when it comes to pricing of things like alarms and tint.

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Also the tech told me i needed something extra that the alarm doesn't come with. I think a module of some sort i forget. I have an 07 Chevy Equinox. All the places around here quoted me about the same price. Maybe its the area i live in??? IDK

That module is probably to integrate with your factory alarm. Your area is probably one of the key factors.

LMFAO so true

Archived