littlerunner Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 hey smd forums. its my 1st time looking into car audio stuff. but I love the feel of the bass after bin in my friends car. my question is what does it take to get hair tricks up and going? some youtube videos I see people doing 10s 12s 15s and 18s but what would be the cheapest way to get it going? I have a Mazda 2005 tribute. no kids so lots of room to do this. only thing done with this is there is an after market alpine head unit done to this.
sbg Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 About 4000$ 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
littlerunner Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 well that's not bad since the fact I have nothing at all lols. what size of a woofer I be looking at though? what type 2 start with.
bbeljefe Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Cheap and hair tricks aren't really compatible. Before you even begin to choose amps or subs you have a lot of deadener to buy, a lot of electrical upgrades to make and a lot of enclosure design to think about. You can expect to spend, at minimum, 2 grand on electrical, a few hundred on deadener, and a few hundred on box materials. Then you'll have to pony up for either a lot of relatively low powered subs or a few high powered, high xmax subs. And then you need to send them a lot of power. That said, it can be done for less than most others spend doing it but, that doesn't mean it can be done on the cheap. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
littlerunner Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 hm your right bbeljefe not cheap as I thought but not that bad to try out for a hobby. I thought getting a gaming pc was going to be cheap but ending up to about 3000 to get done so I can see why this will be in that area as well. I do have about 2000 saved atm. but had a feeling it would have bin more.
littlerunner Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 ok so what would be a good spend for 2000 (with out including the install).
bbeljefe Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Depends on how you want to go about it. If your ultimate goal is hair tricks, I would start out building the electrical. It's the foundation of the systema and without it, you stand a chance of stressing a factory electrical system and even damaging your amps and various electronic modules in the car. From there, I'd get the interior of the vehicle deadened and then I'd start building and buying up subs, amps, et al. The easiest way to get to a hair trick is a wall, as it leaves the least amount of cabin area to pressurize and thus, allows the subs to force more air out the vehicle with less effort. But if you plan to do it without a wall, it's gonna be a lot more costly and a lot more complicated. If you're not at least reasonably well versed in box design and acoustics, it would pay you to pay someone for a box design and if you're not well versed with construction, you're gonna need some help there also, because building a box that will take the kind of weight and pressure you're looking at isn't so simple as nailing six sides together and cutting some round holes. Of course, I have no idea of your skill level in any of this so if I seem to be talking down to you, I don't mean to. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
Afficionado Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Hair tricks can be done cheaper than everyone is saying, you can get a lot of cone area on pretty low power and be able to hair trick. Would i advise it? nah. save up for quality equipment. It can be highly vehicle dependent though. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
BigGains Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 2k on electrical is an understatement. ... 2003 silverado TEAM DC Pioneer Avh 5500 4 DC lvl 5 18s 12 crescendo pwx 6.5s 4 crescendo ft1 tweets 6xs d3400s Singer 400 alt Skyhigh ofc wires Skyhigh speaker wires Smd vm1 2 DC 175.4 DC 10k
CodyLucente Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 this is way to much money. CT SOUNDS 1400.1 (OR SOUNDCUBED 1200.1) with 2 SOUNDQUBED HDS312 running at 0.5 ohms. with a custom ported box preferably fiberglass creating a block from vehicle into trunk with 2 xs power bats and a single run of OFC 1/0 only need to sound dampen the trunk not whole vehicle but do it well including great stuff every hole and if you do it yourself your good for under 2k Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.