Brent Anderson Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 k im done with buying new kenwood speakers every year it feels like it. theres allways one of the 4 that pop. need to know whats the best tweeter I can buy and whats the best speaker I can get for factory area on the mids. are 6 1/2. but I don't mind making a spot for a tweeter. have no clue whats best. kenwood im going to say never really happy with since I got them installed and audio store did them for me checked the wires after and the gains that the amp I have are not even that high. not sure how to set it by my self but there all about 1/3d the way up and some not even up but off mostly. so it looks to be set right in my eyes. anyways can some one point me to the right derection for long lasting mids and highs?
IBleedMusick Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Budget what kind of amp are you using? 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
Brent Anderson Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 kenwood KAC- 8405 360 rms im just going to say 300 for the heck of from the kenwood.
Brent Anderson Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 well if im replacing all 4 my guess is 600 sounds about fair yeah?
BigGains Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Crescendo makes damn good 6.5 components if you want to go that route 2003 silverado TEAM DC Pioneer Avh 5500 4 DC lvl 5 18s 12 crescendo pwx 6.5s 4 crescendo ft1 tweets 6xs d3400s Singer 400 alt Skyhigh ofc wires Skyhigh speaker wires Smd vm1 2 DC 175.4 DC 10k
IBleedMusick Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 With that kind of budget I would replace the amp as well. It is 60w x 4 @ 4 ohms. I would look at an amp in the 80-100w x 4 realm and either go with a pair of Crescendo Audio Mezzo's, Rockford Fosgate T3's, Pioneer D series, Crescendo Mezzo's, CDT Audio and a few others. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
Brent Anderson Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 you got a site I can look at for crescendo mids and highs?
IBleedMusick Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 http://store.crescendoaudio.com/mezzo-series-6-5-reference-2-way/ 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
Brent Anderson Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 atm im happy with my amp Ibleedmusic. just looking into the speakers 1st
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.