Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Going From Stock Speakers To Aftermarket?


Recommended Posts

Posted

The stock speakers in my Jeep are crap...let's just say they had their better days when the music wasn't on full volume. With two 15s in the back, it gets real hard to hear the words. Question is, would I hear a difference by just upgrading the speakers? Since I have an aftermarket HU (Alpine 9883) couldn't I just run the speakers off the HU? I really don't want to get another amplifier for mids and highs. I am not going to go extreme on this because this summer I am getting a new car so I am not gonna put a lot of money in something thats only temporary. Any suggestions on what I should get?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Posted

You will definitely see a difference, I have my 4 speakers running off of my head unit and they sound great, they would be louder with an amp, but I am a bass guy and I don't care enough to buy an amp for them. As far as suggestions go I love my Infinity's and they were really cheap off of ebay brand new, I paid $80 shipped for each pair I believe.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Posted

Yeah I heard Infinity made some nice speakers. I guess I am going to have to go check them out. Also, is it hard to install component speakers? Is it harder than installing subwoofers? Sorry, I don't know crap about component speakers. lol

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Posted

I'm not sure I have never installed a component speaker, seems simple, but I am sure there are tons of people on here that can help you out.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 946 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...