Sonic Electronix

Is my amp broken or bad subs?

That 35ah is not in yet ATM I have a type 32 marine deep cycle out of my boat. Which is allot larger. Also the mofo claimed 1500rms each and I had 2 so I didn't think that the 2000+ watts would be a problem.

An instantly is I think the one sub might have been doa. I had no bass at all the first time I went to use it. Then when in came back to my car it smelt like smoke

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

And the vm subs should have been 4 ohms and that woul have been enough power and I wasn't thinking however gain was at apx 15-20%

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

That 35ah is not in yet ATM I have a type 32 marine deep cycle out of my boat. Also the mofo claimed 1500rms each and I had 2 so I didn't think that the 2000+ watts would be a problem.

An instantly is I think the one sub was I had no bass at all the first time I went to use it. Then when in came back to my car it smelt like smoke

That mofo will not handle 1500 rms 500-600 maybe. If you want to see to something funny check out this precision power sub same sub just different looks owned by the same company built in the same place rated 800 rms. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38340_Precision-Power-PPI-PC.124.html

how could that be?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wow that sub looks almost identical. And yeah I figured that a 2.5" voice coil can't handle that. Also for the mofo's I did my best with a multimeter and for the vm I just eyed it but it was very low.

Archived