Sundown Audio

alpine ktp-445A amp review

oldsoundguy

When I had my first system installed in my truck from car toys they sold me this amp to run my from and rear speakers. It's small and fits behind the deck in the dash. It wires inline to the factory harness or a aftermarket HU. I had a Pioneer 6500bt . It worked fine but I wanted to upgrade my truck so I took it out and just installed it in my wife's 2006 scion XB.

Now this is where this review gets going. Any way lucky for my the toyota Tacoma and scion have the exact

Same plug so as far as install it was 20 min. When I bought my new deck from sonic they give you a free install kit so I got it for the XB.

Well after the install and got it all set up this made the stock speakers sound way way better. Much louder, more bass and cleaner.

If you have a stock system and want to boost it a bit then this amp is perfect for that application. You can keep your factory head unit or aftermarket.

It says on sonic that this amp is for alpine units 2005 and up but it's easy to wire it up to your harness. They also make a ktp-445u that is listed as universal and has a gain adjustment. Not really cheap at 139 but if your looking for something small to boost your factory stereo then this is It IMO. Thanks

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived