Hey all, finally was able to get all my equipment and got it all installed! I can say I'm truly happy with the outcome. A big thanks goes out to DylanBunch as well for helping me. My new set up is a SoundQubed HDS315 Dual 4 in a 3.5 cu^ft box ported and tuned to 30 hz, SkyHigh 1/0 gauge Big 3 wiring as well as 1/0 gauge power and ground running to my Hifonics BRX2000.1D amp. I am truly happy with my outcome of this system, but I've already blown the port out so I have to redo that here soon haha. Feedback is welcome! Thanks!

First thing done in my build was Big 3 upgrade

CAM00517_zps3b986389.jpg

Got all the wires ran and hooked up!

CAM00531_zps3d75cfd0.jpg

Sub in the box ready to go!

CAM00535_zpsbaa01b2b.jpg

Complete setup

CAM00534_zps88451690.jpg

I hope you all enjoy and give me some feedback!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

First feedback would be 'why the hell don't you wash your engine compartment' :P

Second is more of a question, what does it sounds like? How do you like it?

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Make sure that ground on the floor is butt naked metal to metal, sand through both the paint and primer.

Also, it looks a bit long, I had my amps overheat a lot before I knew that grounds should be as short and efficient as possible.

Looks good, does it flex a lot in there?

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

First feedback would be 'why the hell don't you wash your engine compartment' :P

Second is more of a question, what does it sounds like? How do you like it?

Haha my engine bay definitely needs cleaning! It sounds really good, gets down low and I love the way it sounds. It actually blew my port seals off so I have to reinforce the port again.

Make sure that ground on the floor is butt naked metal to metal, sand through both the paint and primer.

Also, it looks a bit long, I had my amps overheat a lot before I knew that grounds should be as short and efficient as possible.

Looks good, does it flex a lot in there?

The floor is bare metal, we made sure we got the grounds to bare metal. And for the flexing, its actually not alot but that may be due to the super stiff suspension on it, but other than that it gets down low and hits hard.

Looks really good. I have the same sub amp, I love it so far.

I love the amp and sub combo. I'm wired to 2 ohms so I'm getting slightly above rated but it handles very well with this amp.

Soundqubed for the win!

Soundqubed is awesome for what they are! My sub can get down pretty good for having such stiff suspension, I'd reccomend it for a starter setup.

I love the amp and sub combo. I'm wired to 2 ohms so I'm getting slightly above rated but it handles very well with this amp.

Soundqubed for the win!

Soundqubed is awesome for what they are! My sub can get down pretty good for having such stiff suspension, I'd reccomend it for a starter setup.

Starter set up huh? Guess that is kinda what my build is so you are right! LOL

Soundqubed for the win!

Starter set up huh? Guess that is kinda what my build is so you are right! LOL

Yes haha! But earlier today I heard rattling so I put my ear to my sub and it sounds like something under the dustcap is rattling, it has my freaking out a bit ):

Archived