Scion xB front stage

bushroot

Nice but dang they are wide. I own a 2006 xb and don't think I would put speakers there. Maybe some tweets. IMO the doors have plenty of room for speakers.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Nice but dang they are wide. I own a 2006 xb and don't think I would put speakers there. Maybe some tweets. IMO the doors have plenty of room for speakers.

Well, I'm really not losing any visibility. The thing is like a fishbowl. I'm doing midbass in the doors in addition to these. If you look at the frequency response, the mids fall off pretty hard on the low end, so I'll only be running them down to around 200hz. The Anarchy in the door will be crossed over at 200 at the top and probably around 80 at the low end. My guess is that it might be a little loud.

Cool.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I built passive crossovers for the pods, but I'm drawn more and more to a full active setup. I've been researching the MiniDSP and tonight I found out that there's a version of it with a Soundstream badge on it. It's the same animal. It even uses the same software. Soooo... It looks like I'll need another SS reference amplifier for my Midbass, a tablet, and a nifty Monoprice HDMI to coax/toslink box. Christ this is getting expensive!

So... Yesterday I ordered another Soundstream Reference amp for the Anarchy midbass. I also ordered the PPI DEQ-8. It's identical to the aforementioned Soundstream unit, which is a rebranded MiniDSP. I found it for $331 shipped, which is cheaper than it would be to buy a MiniDSP 2x8 with the digital front panel. I'm having some packaging issues trying to keep everything behind the rear seats. I may need to swap the subs out for something different.

I picked up a piece of pattern material at the fabric store when I bought the vinyl. I also picked up some artist's charcoal. I used these to make a rubbing, like people do with gravestones. I cut the pattern out, used a little superglue to hold the pattern on the MDF, and cut away. I need to smooth the curves a little bit, then I'll use a trim router to make a copy for the passenger side door. I cut the inner plastic away, so the map pocket area is entirely hollow. Next, I'll build a fiberglass enclosure inside this hollow. I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to secure everything yet. My first thought was rivet nuts, but the door fasteners are so far out at the edge, I'd need to build a counterbore like section if I planned on using screws and rivet nuts to secure the whole thing to the metal door frame. It may be the only way to do it, but I'm not quite at the stage where I need to worry about it. I built rings for the rear of the Anarchy drivers and rings for the original speaker mounts on the door frame. I'll glass this whole assembly to build a bucket of sorts and port that into the sealed enclosure. The Anarchy doesn't like to run IB, so I'm not going to try to make it do so.

Archived