Scion xB front stage

bushroot

I'm new and this is my first real build.

Messenger_5823079274224801052_1388330286

IMAG0987.jpg

IMAG0988.jpg

IMAG1001.jpg

IMAG1003.jpg

The a-pillars in the car are ridiculously wide. Each one will contain two Hi-Vi D5.8 and a Vifa ring radiator. The doors will be next. I picked up a set of 4 ohm Exodus Anarchy. Subwoofers are 6x12" Polk DXI. So far, power is going to be a Soundstream Reference 4.920 for the front stage and a Rubicon 1600 for the subs. I've never done fiberglass work or used body filler, so this is quite the learning experience.

Looks good so far. A pillars look like they will provide plenty of sound stage without doing the doors. But hey, more is sometimes better, LOL. Just curious why you would choose the polks for your subs?

truthsayer

The original baffle I cut from PVC on the CNC at work:

IMAG0845.jpg

Passive crossovers for the a-pillar assembly:

IMAG0857.jpg

Crossover response:

IMAG0791.jpg

Anarchy size:

IMAG0832.jpg

The Anarchy needs a minimum of .25 ft^2. I'll be converting the map pocket to an enclosure.

Original plan for subwoofers. I've since mounted one forward and one up because of the angle of the rear seats and amplifier placement.

IMAG0824.jpg

Amplifiers:

IMAG0823.jpg

I picked up some ultrasuede to cover the pillar pods. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's flexible enough. I have a few options. I can get seams sewn for the corners, I can paint the pillars, or a combination of the two. I think I'll see what I can find in the way of textured paint this morning and go from there. The grill frames are done and need to be wrapped. I glassed the inside of the cubby hole above the glovebox to build a place for the crossovers. I'll get some pictures up in the next few days. Next are the Anarchy midbass in the doors. I've drawn the mounts. Because of the magnet weight, I'm going to carry the magnet with a support as well and fiberglass a "bucket" shape around the whole thing. I'll cut a hole in the side to connect the chamber to the sealed enclosure that'll be built into the map pocket.

Nice work! I plan on doing some custom A-pillars for my mids and tweets this year. You got me tuned in for more progress for sure!

Archived