2009 Nissan Maxima: Nexus 7 in Dash, Pioneer, Alpine, LEDs

Yea tasker can be really fun to mess with. I've gotten 7 hours out of my nexus 7 with Bluetooth navi and WiFi all on in my car. Ill be starting in the charging dock soon though.

What navigation app do you use. I've looked around and I'm really pissed Google Maps doesn't offer offline navigation maps download. I looked into Co-Pilot but I'm not paying $10 for an app.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Yea tasker can be really fun to mess with. I've gotten 7 hours out of my nexus 7 with Bluetooth navi and WiFi all on in my car. Ill be starting in the charging dock soon though.

What navigation app do you use. I've looked around and I'm really pissed Google Maps doesn't offer offline navigation maps download. I looked into Co-Pilot but I'm not paying $10 for an app.

Ive rooted my s3 so I just tether my tablet and use google maps, it's a little slow sometime but its not unbearable.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Ive rooted my s3 so I just tether my tablet and use google maps, it's a little slow sometime but its not unbearable.

Ya I have my EVO 4G LTE rooted but Sprint is straight shit most of the time. I was just looking for another option besides tethering.

Build Log HERE

Ya I have my EVO 4G LTE rooted but Sprint is straight shit most of the time. I was just looking for another option besides tethering.

I swear I'm the only person that has ever had good luck with sprint hahaha, I'll see if I can dig up what I used to use for offline navigation

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Nice work on the tablet mount.

I wanna do tasker too. Leo is going to help me with it, and rooting my S3 cause he's a nice guy! Maybe when you come out in 18 days Leo you can do that for me. Thanks you're a pal!

Choice - I tested the magnets last night with my Note 8.0. Taking the back off it is just like taking it off my S3. Just snaps right off. So, while the magnets are seriously strong for tiny magnets, and thin too, I cannot find a spot under the cover to put them. That's unfortunate. But I think what I may do, is drill a few holes through the back cover, and then ca glue the magnets into it. THey're about the thickness of the back cover. Then I can cover it with carbon fiber vinyl so they're hidden and everything looks good. I still want to be able to remove my tablet cause I use it at home sometimes, and if I go on trips etc. But now that I know this, I'm thinking about doing a mount very similar to the ipad mini mount that soundman does. Where it presses in on the bottom to detach it on top. Then lift out. I'd like for it to be charging while it's in the car, so I have to figure that out, but it may not be that big of an issue. I may not have to worry about it. I can't have my phone or tab at work, so they stay in the car. I can turn them both off. Then I'd take them both in at night when I'm home anyway. Just have to remember to charge one more device. LOL.

It'd be nice if I could utilize one of those charging pad things.

Sorry don't mean to thread jack.

Let's see some more!!

Nice work on the tablet mount.

I wanna do tasker too. Leo is going to help me with it, and rooting my S3 cause he's a nice guy! Maybe when you come out in 18 days Leo you can do that for me. Thanks you're a pal!

Choice - I tested the magnets last night with my Note 8.0. Taking the back off it is just like taking it off my S3. Just snaps right off. So, while the magnets are seriously strong for tiny magnets, and thin too, I cannot find a spot under the cover to put them. That's unfortunate. But I think what I may do, is drill a few holes through the back cover, and then ca glue the magnets into it. THey're about the thickness of the back cover. Then I can cover it with carbon fiber vinyl so they're hidden and everything looks good. I still want to be able to remove my tablet cause I use it at home sometimes, and if I go on trips etc. But now that I know this, I'm thinking about doing a mount very similar to the ipad mini mount that soundman does. Where it presses in on the bottom to detach it on top. Then lift out. I'd like for it to be charging while it's in the car, so I have to figure that out, but it may not be that big of an issue. I may not have to worry about it. I can't have my phone or tab at work, so they stay in the car. I can turn them both off. Then I'd take them both in at night when I'm home anyway. Just have to remember to charge one more device. LOL.

It'd be nice if I could utilize one of those charging pad things.

Sorry don't mean to thread jack.

Let's see some more!!

I'm actually scratching the fiberglass tablet mount. It just isn't gonna work for what I'm trying to accomplish and I really don't want to drill into my device and put that strong of a magnet near anything. I'm still going to use it to create a mount but I ended up ordering a TPU case and I will be using the magnets to mount it to that. That way I will be able to just pop off the dash cover, unplug it, and I'm on my way. basically the magnets will be counter sunk into the case and then countersunk into the fiberglass mount. Hopefully that all makes sense. The fiberglass one i made just has too many gaps and will be hard to line everything up. There won't be much progress until I get my new case which should be here probably next week. I also walked down in my basement and found an old Alpine Type E 10. Not a nice sub but I might pair it up with another, get a fairly cheap 500 watt alpine amp and start my substage here. I'm going to do a simple cabin firing port through the rear seat armrest fold down. Probably mount the amp on the rear deck next to the bose amp. I can get enough money from my kicker in my custom box to cover all of that and then still have whatever money left over from the sale of my 700.5 (would help cover my spoiler install).

Build Log HERE

I was concerned about the magnet being close to the internals as well, but as I said, it doesn't seem to do anything to it. Maybe I'll look for a decent hard plastic case to put on the back of it, and do the magnets in that. It's not a bad Idea either. I just want it to look good, I don't want some bulky thing on it. Hard to explain but I'll make it work.

I was concerned about the magnet being close to the internals as well, but as I said, it doesn't seem to do anything to it. Maybe I'll look for a decent hard plastic case to put on the back of it, and do the magnets in that. It's not a bad Idea either. I just want it to look good, I don't want some bulky thing on it. Hard to explain but I'll make it work.

Incipio featherweight is a great light case but you got to be out of your mind paying anywhere near $22 for a case. I just bought a cheap TPU case off of Ebay for like $7. Lord knows what it is going to be here because it's shipping from CA. I got some other stuff I can work on but I may put this on hold until it gets here and work on my house. This winter shit has to go.

Build Log HERE

Archived