2007 Mercedes E 350 equipment decisions

jhmeg2

Yup, what the title says. I bought it about three years ago. I'm almost ashamed that I left it stock this long. But life got in the way, and monies tight, as most of you can understand. Being a disabled Vet, I'm on a fixed income, so it will take time to get the funds together to do it. But on the plus side I have the car, the deck, and half a plan. SOOOOO, any how, The plan so far is to use two Zapco DC 656 amps all active since there is a three way front, plus center, rears and sub. The speakers are the topic that I need help with. Mainly the sub. Every thing is going in stock locations. The big thing is its a thin 10", that is almost free aired. I was looking at the Illusion Audio C10. It's four ohm single voice coil, and only about 400 watts. the main thing is saving space, and clean sound. It does not have to do hair tricks. If not the Illusion sub, what? thats the question. Please help me out with ideas. I even thought about the JL, or Memphis. I don't know. lets hear it.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Welcome to the world of Mercedes! I have a 2002 C320 w/bose. My plan is doing a upgraded head unit with the CT sounds 5 chanel with infinity seperates in front, coaxials in back, 2 SA- 8's in a 4th order. Subs facing down port will be firing the factory sub cutout.

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

Hmmm ... Sounds like you have a good plan there ...

I'd start out with wiring and electrical before driver plans ...

... and if you are looking for a great sounding budget setup ... the sub bass would be the last thing on my mind if it was me ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 weeks later...

def got wiring and elect down, thanks. but Its gonna be a chore with sub fitment.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived