Second Skin Audio

Need a little help with a box for 2 15" kicker L3's

xile

Thanks for the workup Joe. I'd like to try and stick with 4" ports as they will be easy for me to get. Unless running 6's would be better.

The port area of 4 4" round ports would be a little less than two 6"s, these subs approach the cone area of 18" subs, maybe you could get away with the 4s as far as port noise goes but port area seems low and therefore at least you would loose some efficiency.

Thanks for the workup Joe. I'd like to try and stick with 4" ports as they will be easy for me to get. Unless running 6's would be better.

The port area of 4 4" round ports would be a little less than two 6"s, these subs approach the cone area of 18" subs, maybe you could get away with the 4s as far as port noise goes but port area seems low and therefore at least you would loose some efficiency.

with 6" ports would flared make a big difference?

I don't think you will have port noise either way if that's your only concern, the 3 6" simply flush mounted will likely not produce any port noise but it's easy to do a slight roundover to the installation hole to help. If you plan to probably upgrade to L7s then better get flared ones.

Archived