Second Skin Audio

Need a little help with a box for 2 15" kicker L3's

xile

Cool. I am using the box design Joe X provided and was worried about being close to the bottom of the subs. My box is 22" tall with a sub mounting deph of 8" I think ill raise them 4" off the bottom just to be safe. I plan on using your method and routing the mdf.

Btw what did you use to glue the pvc to the baffle.

Ok got another question. I have a Hfi1500d and my subs are dvc 4 ohm. My only options are 4 ohm or 1 ohm. amp specs are

500 rms @ 4ohm

1000 rms @ 2ohm

1500 rms @ 1ohm

What would be the best option here. The subs are rated at 500 rms each.

Thanks again. The box is built just need to sand and paint. Pics real soon if this dam artic blast ever passes.

Edited for phone glitch.

Queztion for you Cleansierra aren't you suppose to space your ports the port diameter away from the walls? Just wanted to know as im getting ready to make my port holes.

Thanks.

I just realized I never answered this question completely accurately. The ports DO have more than 4" of clearance from the back wall of the box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Run them at 1 ohm but have the gain set properly. Need to first make sure no distortion(O-scope or DD-1)and then back it off until you reach the voltage to get the power you need. Those amps are pretty inefficient and will likely cause good voltage drop so beware.

No, half gain isn't a measurement of anything. So that is a no. Look up on the site here the SMD Tools locator. There may be a member on the forum that will set you up.

Blindly stabbing at gain setting is not a good way of setting it.

Archived