Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box/wall check


Chance_P

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, I was wondering if I missed anything while designing this. Only issues I see is lack of clearance behind the port inside the box. Equipment is SQ3500 and two HDC318's. This will be a C pillar wall in a 2008 Grand Cherokee.

hdc318wall_zpsff44f5f4.png

Posted

For multiple round ports use the PSP calculator instead of Torres your actual tuning is 38Hz. Hope the 0.2 is lots of all threaded.

Posted

If I use the psp calculator do i put in box volume as my gross volume (minus sub and bracing)? How do i find my net after using that calculator? Or does the psp assume they are external aeros?

For bracing I am planning on using a few 2x2's between the baffle and opposite side. The box will be birch with a 2x4 shell around the top and sides. Think that will suffice?

Posted

The PSP only cares about net volume so get that from Torres, on the bracing, cross braces are best, at least a few front to back are a must.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...