Sonic Electronix

well hopefully you didnt ground out a hot wire and blow some thing but I would check the fuses and throw some tape on it it b4 something bad happens.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well hopefully you didnt ground out a hot wire and blow some thing but I would check the fuses and throw some tape on it it b4 something bad happens.

How would I fix that if that happened? Ground a hot wire? ....Cause I didnt even have the keys in when I stripped the jackets and wired it up. Then I turned the car on.

Maybe something could have happened when I took the sock stereo out or something. Thats all I can think of.

well your orange wire is always hot regardless of the car being on or not its the memory for your presets and clock. If it touched a grounding point in the dash or your black wire it would have blown the fuse for your radio. check your fuses under the dash to make sure they are all good. Also the head unit is fused so check that fuse just to be sure.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well your orange wire is always hot regardless of the car being on or not its the memory for your presets and clock. If it touched a grounding point in the dash or your black wire it would have blown the fuse for your radio. check your fuses under the dash to make sure they are all good. Also the head unit is fused so check that fuse just to be sure.

Okay I'll go check them all out...

Appreciate the help though...

Edited by BOXCHEV

I bought an wiring harness......................from ebay lol. Auction said it was for my car but now I dont know about that one.

Pics..

Picture035.jpg

Have no idea where this big ass thing plugs into.

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

From the listings

This radio wiring harness kit will help making your aftermarket radio installation easier and quicker. It plugs directly into your factory radio harness so you don't need to cut the original radio harness (great if you are leasing a car and need to put the factory radio back into it at the end of the lease). The wiring harness kit also has color-coded wires identifying what each wire is.

Also like I previously said. All of these fuses are good.

Picture012.jpg

The Stock radio worked fine and had power. The HU has a good fuse and I wired it up to the car battery and got power but when taped into the factory wires no power.

the white plug with the yellow wire plugs into the black plug with the orange and black wire are in the other two plugs into the big black harness you bought as far as power usually the fuse box under the dash is for ignition power and the fuse box under the hood by the battery is for the constant 12 v power.. check all the fuses under the hood esp if orange wire has no power.

smdsig2.jpg

the white plug with the yellow wire plugs into the black plug with the orange and black wire are in the other two plugs into the big black harness you bought as far as power usually the fuse box under the dash is for ignition power and the fuse box under the hood by the battery is for the constant 12 v power.. check all the fuses under the hood esp if orange wire has no power.

It cant be these that plug into the harness...

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

The plugs that went into the factory radio.. cant be those cause those dont plug into the harness I bought.

And I did no see any fuse box under the hood next to the battery. must be in another location under the hood.

gm has several harnesses out you might of gotten the wrong one as far as the fuses there should be a fuse box near the battery for constant power it is under a black plastic cover if you have the owners manual check it out. that plug should work they only plug in one way make sure you try each plug in in every hole if they dont fit then turn around and try again also do you only have front stock speaker locations there should be a third big plug with a brown a yellow and a light blue and a dark blue wires for the rears unless theres no rears

Edited by jmsonoma03
smdsig2.jpg