Octagon shaped Transmission Line for SA8v2

I recently aquired a brand new Sundown SA8v2. I talked with Thumper about a variation of an enclosure he built years ago for this sub, but after a lot of thinking, I wanted to do something original. Even though I have way more power than the 8 was designed to handle, I wanted to build a T-Line box. I built one years ago, and it sounded amazing. However, I didn't want to build just another boring rectangle t-line box that just looks like a ported box from the outside...

So... I present to you my variation of a t-line box I threw together this evening. It took a couple of days to design it, and I thought it was going to be a nightmare to build, but it actually went together in under an hour. All I have is the one picture, but the glue on the top and bottom are drying as I type this, so, if all goes well, I'll be finishing the box tomorrow morning, and have it playing by tomorrow afternoon...

Tell me what y'all think...

2014-01-25181033_zpscf3a19f2.jpg

nice, would be easy to set that up against a wall or tip up with port along floor to influence tuning :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived