Blaktastic Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 Ok here is goes...so I just got my Fi SSD, got it all hooked up and it sounds great. However I realized I should have gotten the dual 2 ohm voice coils (RE: 1.4/coil) instead of the the dual 1 ohm voice coils (RE: .7/coil) so that I could have wired it to .7 ohms. However I had an idea that might fix this and would like some input. I have this amp http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r1200-1d. Could I wire each voice coil to a set of positive and negative terminals on the amp to get me to .7 ohms so I don't fry the amp at .35 ohms?
youngbass98 Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 You would still get .35 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Guest Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 the wiring you just described is parallel. which will wire the amp down to .5 or .35 whatever. you need to wire it like this
Blaktastic Posted January 26, 2014 Author Report Posted January 26, 2014 the wiring you just described is parallel. which will wire the amp down to .5 or .35 whatever. you need to wire it like this Yeah I have it wired in series right now. I was just wondering if I connected each terminal on the amp to a voice coil if it would keep the impedance of each coil at .7 so it wouldn't damage the amp or anything else.
biscuitownz Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 the wiring you just described is parallel. which will wire the amp down to .5 or .35 whatever. you need to wire it like this Yeah I have it wired in series right now. I was just wondering if I connected each terminal on the amp to a voice coil if it would keep the impedance of each coil at .7 so it wouldn't damage the amp or anything else. No, the amp is internally bridged so it would be the same as wiring it in parallel either way.
jarrius Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 The amp is a mono block you can not wire itte way you are thinking and get a higher ohm load. The amp has 4 inputs for ease of wiring and thats it. If you wire both coils to its own set of terminals it is going internally combine the ohm loads to =.35 not 1.5 or so. I have the same amp ad use one + on the far side and the - on the other side and it still is only 1ohm not.5 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Guest Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 wiring each coil to each set of speaker terminals on a monoblock amp will yield the exact same results (aka ohm load) as wiring the woofer itself in parallel and using one set of speaker terminals.
ROLEXrifleman Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 The safe way, wire series and be at 1.4 ohms or go parallel at .35 and pray for some huge box rise Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.