Second Skin Audio

(2) 15" HCCA trunk build NEED HELP!

he older 99-00 model dual 2ohm HCCA 15's with the TC 9 motor I believe. For now I will be running a RF x7a which pushes a little over 1800@2ohm. I will eventually upgrade to double that power. These are going in a 2008 Impala LS. My max dimensions are W- 36" H- 17" and D- 40". I would like to run them in about 9ft^3 with a single large aeroport in the center. Can someone please help me so I don't rack it up....I really can't afford to do that.

If i where you before i did anything i would get some cardbord and make a fake box and see if you can fit it in the trunk. If you cant then make it a bit smaller and smaller till you can. Otherwise i for see you having to build the box in the trunk for those 2 15's.

Also double check your hight to make sure with 17in tall you can still close your trunk. Dont want to build it and trunk lid not close

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

What do you mean 15 1/2" overall diameter? Are you talking mounting holes?

We got into the 30 degree range today so let me get a cardboard mock up of this and I'll see if I can squeeze any more width out of it.

No the overall diameter (which is the maximum external diameter) accounts for the minimum width of the baffle, in the above, the baffle would need to be 15 1/2" + 15 1/2" + 5 1/8" = 36 1/8" wide which is what I gave as baffle width, just make sure those are that size (which I am almost sure they are).

Archived