sinjin69 Posted January 31, 2014 Report Posted January 31, 2014 I am wanting to add an amp and subwoofer to replace the 8" woofer that comes with the factory Mark Levinson system in my Lexus. I currently have an Audio Control LC2i and JL Audio 500/1 to install. I am looking for recommendations on an enclosure and sub. My LS has the Ultra Luxury package which includes reclining rear seats with built in massagers and a rear air conditioning system with a cooler behind the arm rest. As a result the trunk area behind the seats is not as flat as I would like. I plan to remove the factory 8" sub so this will be the only "vent" into the passenger compartment. A large box will take up more of the trunk than I want to give up because it will have to sit too far forward to clear the AC duct on the right side of the trunk. I am considering a pair of Sundown Audio SA-8 V2s in a ported enclosure or a pair of Sundown Audio SD-8s in a sealed enclosure. I am attaching a picture with the measurements I have to work with. Ideally I don't want the enclosure to be more than 13" deep if I can place a box flush with the front wall of the trunk. I could also go with a larger single sub (10" or 12") on the left hand side of the trunk. Ideally I would like something that plays tight and musical. I am also willing to sell the JL Audio amp and get something bigger if necessary. It looks like the Sundown subs want a lot more power than the 500/1 can give. I installed my first subwoofer back in 1989 so I have been out of the game for awhile. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also not committed to Sundown if there is another recommendation.
Joe X Posted January 31, 2014 Report Posted January 31, 2014 You want to get loud? or you want a sound quality setup, if going for SQ I would recommend an TC Sounds Epic 12", it will fit the power of the 500/1 and is remarkably accurate, if you are wanting high output a 12" Fi Q would be one option, it's 1500W RMS so you will need a new amp and electrical upgrades. Frequency response depend on the box, if you want plain flat response a sealed setup is your best bet.
sinjin69 Posted January 31, 2014 Author Report Posted January 31, 2014 I am looking for SQ. Not familiar with TC Sounds. Do you know if that particular sub works well in a sealed enclosure?
JakThomas Posted February 1, 2014 Report Posted February 1, 2014 I don't see the complication.looks.like.your not.sure of the.sound out put you want .you have the amp have you used it before? how long ago?what car and setup did you have and now did you like it? I hope to not be dazed by thingsthatglitter if i ever have more wealth than the low income.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.