Second Skin Audio

American Bass xfl 10 box helpI

c3rwinvega

Hello,

Im looking for box specs for a single xfl10.

I listen to alot of rap, mainly tech n9ne,

Ive seen reccomendations between 1.75 and 3.0 cu ft. with tuning between 32 and 38hz.

I mentioined tech n9ne because his music frequently drops into the 20 hz range, therefore im asking for help with a box for this sub that wont have a problem hitting those low-lows.

It is in a 2013 dodge dart running off an hifonics brutus 1200 @ 1 ohm, currently in a 1.5cu ft slot ported, tuned to ??? and sounds like garbage, super flex but no sound below 35 hz lol

HEELLP is very much appreciated

Ran a Fi SSD10 in an enclosure exactly like that and it killed lows. That's a pretty simple design. Might have to get some PVC corners. Hell, you don't even need aero ports. Just some PVC pipe with a 3 inch inner diameter.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

As for the line level converter, it might be that it is not tuned correctly. There is a handful of SMD members in Ohio. check this map to see if someone around you has a DD-1 to tune your setup. http://batchgeo.com/map/93b3e7dfd7ea8496a6f1640587e3e4cf

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Ok i see, yeah gain is set at 0 and ive never really messed with it, i mess with the hpf, lpf and level, but never the gain, maby ill give it some trial and error.

Can the sub flex completely and make minimal sound? if soo can the gain being set right correct this?

Archived