Sundown Audio

What to power SA10D2 under 250

lesstutrey

It's going to be hard finding an amp that will fit your needs at both 4 ohms and 1 ohm.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

It's going to be hard finding an amp that will fit your needs at both 4 ohms and 1 ohm.

thats why you do it the smart way and just run the amp at 1 ohm and turn the amps bass knob down if you want it quieter.

Exactly...

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Good question. I guess because i didn't think my power system could handle it. I noticed someone said i'll need dual batteries, ya'll concur? And they'll be trunk mounted, no room in the engine bay due to mods.

Good question. I guess because i didn't think my power system could handle it. I noticed someone said i'll need dual batteries, ya'll concur? And they'll be trunk mounted, no room in the engine bay due to mods.

think about it this way. i ran a 200w 4 channel and a 1200w monoblock amp on a stock 70 amp alt on a walmart battery. i just had the big 3 done.

thats it. i barely dropped voltage while driving.

amp will take like 80 amps from the alt absolute max. car takes like what, 50 amps to run. thats 130 amps. on a 200 amp alt. if you have a good alt, you shouldn't really see any voltage drop while driving if everything is installed properly.

anyone have links to CT pricing...I only recommended the Soundstream due to the price, I haven't seen the CT pricing for the 900.1

It's 209$

If you can find a 900.1 for $209.00... get it. That price is below the old MAP and those amps are now $329.99.

As for power ratings CT Sounds amps are rated at 12.8 volts, not 14.4. So even though the specs say 200, 400 & 800, your real world power outputs will be higher. As an example, the 1400.1 is rated for 1800 watts @ 1Ω. It did 2406 on Steve Meade's amp dyno.

But none the less, you shouldn't have any problems running at 1Ω with a 200 amp alternator unless you install amps that are horribly inefficient.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

think about it this way. i ran a 200w 4 channel and a 1200w monoblock amp on a stock 70 amp alt on a walmart battery. i just had the big 3 done.

Fair enough, as mine does 85a idle :) Dual batteries still may be done for more even weight distribution.. deffinitely will swap to an XS battery and put the redtop into my belair that isn't gonna have much of a system (just 4 6.5" comps). Does make me feel a little silly for upgrading my 100a though (luckily my 57 needs a needs a new alternator too, so no biggie).

Fair enough, as mine does 85a idle :) Dual batteries still may be done for more even weight distribution.. deffinitely will swap to an XS battery and put the redtop into my belair that isn't gonna have much of a system (just 4 6.5" comps). Does make me feel a little silly for upgrading my 100a though (luckily my 57 needs a needs a new alternator too, so no biggie).

hope that optima isn't gonna randomly have a cell die. leaving you stranded and shiz.

btw nice cars lol.

anyone have links to CT pricing...I only recommended the Soundstream due to the price, I haven't seen the CT pricing for the 900.1

It's 209$

If you can find a 900.1 for $209.00... get it. That price is below the old MAP and those amps are now $329.99.

As for power ratings CT Sounds amps are rated at 12.8 volts, not 14.4. So even though the specs say 200, 400 & 800, your real world power outputs will be higher. As an example, the 1400.1 is rated for 1800 watts @ 1Ω. It did 2406 on Steve Meade's amp dyno.

But none the less, you shouldn't have any problems running at 1Ω with a 200 amp alternator unless you install amps that are horribly inefficient.

gtfo...really? $330? what the fuck

Archived