snyderd758 Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 So I have a 2009 Chevy crew cab I have been working on designing a new subwoofer enclosure with a program called the subwoofer design toolbox. For some reason my computer won't let me download Torres or winisd. I want to build 2 seperate boxes that will go under the back seat. I have 2 jl audio 10w3v3-4 and new gen alpine type r's I will use one or the other based on recemondations from here. My max dim's (after doing a 3" seat lift) are 20.5" wide x 18.75 deep x front height of 13.5"x rear height of 7.25". I listen to a lot of metal music mudvayne, disturbed etc. The box I have designed so far is for the 10w3's it it is 20"wide x18.75deep x front height of 12.88 x rear height of 6.88. Gross volume is 1.548ft3 with sub displacement of .05 and a square slot port(sharing two walls with the enclosure) measure 3.76x3.76x26.52 I come up with a net of 1.256ft3. Port frequency is 32 hz by my programming. Couple of questions with this port design do I have enough port area? There will be a bend how will that affect the tuning? Any and all advice is welcomed. If you recommend going with the alpine type r 10 what size box would you recommend as alpine is a little vague and recommends .8-1.30ft3 35-39hz. I know this was long winded thank you and my apologies.
snyderd758 Posted February 3, 2014 Author Report Posted February 3, 2014 I just ordered the 3" precision flared ports do I figure the displacement just like a regular 3" PVC or is there a difference?
Joe X Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 The SWR 10s will handle more power, each will need 1.2-1.3 cubic feet net and a 4" port to work well. Seems you are low on size for them.
snyderd758 Posted February 3, 2014 Author Report Posted February 3, 2014 Ok I can get 1.2-1.3 net a 4 " port though I'm going to have to use a 90 is that gonna cause any problems?
snyderd758 Posted February 4, 2014 Author Report Posted February 4, 2014 Will a 3"flared port work or should I go with the 4" and use a 90 to get my length?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.