Sundown Audio

xtant 3300c it works but is producing a high pitched tonr

exc500

I've heard that these amps need to have new caps and something about the way the fets are arranged that causes this sound. The amp plays fine and this noise isn't engine noise or what would be associated with ground loop issues. Anyone else experience this type of problem? My electrical is plenty strong for this amp and I have tryed different alts and it makes the noise regardless of what is powering it. I have a test bench at home with a 80 amp power supply and you can here it coming out of the amp there as well. Its allways been a great sq amp and I use it to run mids and highs along with a set of jl 6.5 woofers that I use more like a mid bass than a sub. I have a soundqubed 3500.1 running 3 rf t2d212'.

If you disconnect the rca from the soundqubed amp does the sound go away? I'm having the same problem with my set up and it didn't start till I installed the soundqubed sub amp. Mine will make the noise even with the engine not running but if I unplug the rca's out of the amp it go's away.

Mine does it on a test bench with nothing but it hooked up . If the cover is off you can here it coming from inside the amp its self. In my truck it seems to be more pronounced than it is on the bench but its also got a full load and a lot more power going to it. But it is not running below 2 ohms on any channel.

Archived