Second Skin Audio

Enclosure help please :)

REH

These subs are known to work well in 2 cubes net, manufacturers usually recommend "you can fit me" box sizes to avoid scaring away potential buyers, in fact their fifth generation subs will work on 1.5 cubes net, here's what Torres says:

Oh, that makes sense to me now. Couldn't figure out for the life of me where I was getting iffy calculations. Would there be any way for you to change it to the sub up/port up layout? You've been a big help, I just know that I'm going to mess things up extremely badly if I try to change the dimensions/calculations up myself. I don't care how/where the port is at, but I'm just too new to figure the sketch up out/dimension changes myself and trust what I've came up with... And you clearly have all of this down to an art lol.

Sorry to be such a bother.

Many builds that out of lack of space have gone subs / port up have ended up not liking it and rebilding, I think that since you have low power subs and ample port clearance to the hatch you won't be having a rattling issue, Triticum Agricolam claims to have your same vehicle, you could contact him to comment on how prone to rattling is the hatch in his, if necessary I will gladly change it.

I'll send him a message and ask about his experience. :-) I just assumed with the port air firing toward the door it would be all bad without having some major dampening in there, but once again just my inexperience showing when up against the pros. I didn't realize in my head that this build still gives me almost a foot of clearance so I'm sure it shouldn't be bad now that I think about it, you sir are awesome. So this setup will be good and stable for future upgrades up to 3k rms, and as long as I pick subs that would like 2 cubes each I'll still be good with this box? Sorry for the messy reply, on my phone now. :-) I do greatly appreciate your help on this, so happy with the members on this forum and the general helpfulness of the guys here who have so much knowledge of this game.

Archived