Second Skin Audio

Type R enclosure

Heleeelllpp!!! Im ready to pull my hair out designing this box.

I have a max useable space of H 17" W 35" D 15" and im trying to get it to tune to 34hz thats with two alpine SWR-12D4's.

If anybody would be kind enough to point me in the correct direction it would be much appreciated :)

I also don't know wether to use a slot or a round port. I think the recommended vented enclosure on the specs is 1.5cuft but could be wrong.

"Sub-bass sounds are those approximately below 60 Hz and extending downward to include the lowest frequency humans can hear,

typically 20 Hz.

In this range, human hearing is not very sensitive, so sounds in this range tend to be felt more than heard"

Yes it can barely be done:

3vlf.jpg

But port area is not too great, 4" of free airspace in front of the ports is needed.

Everyone has more than 15" deep so I would take some space to do a slot port.

Thanks for your help joe, so you think a slot L port is not possible?

"Sub-bass sounds are those approximately below 60 Hz and extending downward to include the lowest frequency humans can hear,

typically 20 Hz.

In this range, human hearing is not very sensitive, so sounds in this range tend to be felt more than heard"

What if i went 18 high 16 deep? Or would that not help? I could go 17.5 deep but would have to find another place to mound my amps :S

typically 20 Hz.

That sounds awsome, u are the master! lol would it be possible for a sketch/cut sheet? If you are too busy dont worry dude i will try have a go.

Thanks again buddy.

typically 20 Hz.

Thanks man thats is awsome, my trunk hatch opens with the rear window on my car so its all good.

typically 20 Hz.

Archived