Deuces Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 so first off I would like to say im glad to be part of the site haha but I do need help... ive had my 4 12'' infinities for a while and 2 are in a sealed box 2 are in a ported all powered by a hifonics amp pushing 1400 watts (350 rms each sub) at 1ohm along with an nvx cap... but I want to upgrade to a custum tuned box. I want to make an enclosure that's tuned to 30-32hz and is slot ported I just need a little help, the external box dimensions are going to be 36''L 36''W and 12"D (or what I aim to be close to in length) this is a rough size of what I want the box to be I just don't know how to make the slot port I don't know how long the port should be, how wide, how deep it should go into the box and how far it should cut back under the subs if anyone can please help
jandsaudio Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Use Torres man it helps a lot! And I'm sure somebody on here will chime in soon and get you goin. And also, welcome to the forum man!
shadowcaster Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 A good start would be to download the torres box calculator from this site.it gives you specs and allows you to play with port tunes.with those numbers it shows a little over 7Cubes gross 2000 blazer LS 240 mechman 2 b2 HN v3 15s crescendo bc5500 @.5 1/0 ebflex ofc d680/g31 kenwood deck mb quart components crescendo pwx 8s lots more to come blazer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/204432-shadowcasters-2k-blazer/ 142.8db MECA 2016 PA state champ mod 1 class
Deuces Posted February 10, 2014 Author Report Posted February 10, 2014 okay I started using the 12 volt.com but will download torres thanks guys
shadowcaster Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Good luck to ya sir! btw reference series? i had 2 12s d4 coils i loved them 2000 blazer LS 240 mechman 2 b2 HN v3 15s crescendo bc5500 @.5 1/0 ebflex ofc d680/g31 kenwood deck mb quart components crescendo pwx 8s lots more to come blazer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/204432-shadowcasters-2k-blazer/ 142.8db MECA 2016 PA state champ mod 1 class
Rich Schenk Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 download torres to start and then play with your max specs till you get tunning like you like it then i would post it on here to double check with someone. then start building On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said: Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science... Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/ 2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/ 2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded
Deuces Posted February 10, 2014 Author Report Posted February 10, 2014 it the reference series 1260w's I love them lol and where can I find the calculator? ahha
shadowcaster Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/?hl=%20torres%20%20file page 1 are the directions 2000 blazer LS 240 mechman 2 b2 HN v3 15s crescendo bc5500 @.5 1/0 ebflex ofc d680/g31 kenwood deck mb quart components crescendo pwx 8s lots more to come blazer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/204432-shadowcasters-2k-blazer/ 142.8db MECA 2016 PA state champ mod 1 class
Deuces Posted February 12, 2014 Author Report Posted February 12, 2014 computer wont download the calculator and the 12 volt.com isint helping me much because it bases its build off one subwoofer. getting frustrated... not sure what to do):
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.