Sonic Electronix

So I have finally figured out my problem! Even though my amps are shitty I knew something wasn't right... So my power cable I have One fuse in the hood like normal. Going under my carpet and to ANOTHER FUSE BLOCK. TWO 30 amp fuses. I took the fuse block out and just dasiy chained my power to the other amp (highs and mids) and the difference was AMAZING. I also doubled my ground wire. Please when you are using a fuse other than under your hood beware (unless your amp does not have a fuse). I will take pictures and post.

I've always fused under the hood and at a rear distribution block for multiple amps and have never had any problem. I can't even make sense out of what you did, but when I hear the word daisy chaine referring to a power wire from one amp to another, it worries me and the picture of the setup is definitely needed to grasp what you're doing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've always fused under the hood and at a rear distribution block for multiple amps and have never had any problem. I can't even make sense out of what you did, but when I hear the word daisy chaine referring to a power wire from one amp to another, it worries me and the picture of the setup is definitely needed to grasp what you're doing.

^Same

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

For some reason having my power wire running directly to the amp made it sound louder. I'm not sure. Maybe you know possibly why?

I don't have a clue what's going on with your setup, pictures are needed. I don't even know if they will help. You did mention something about grounds though, that was likely your fix if you have a shitty grounding location.

I don't have a clue what's going on with your setup, pictures are needed. I don't even know if they will help. You did mention something about grounds though, that was likely your fix if you have a shitty grounding location.

I do indeed have a shitty ground. My seat.... I will change it though I promise don't think I'm THAT stupid. The block I was using though had fuses... Does yours have fuses? And yeah I doubled up my ground wire. Maybe I should even triple it and see what comes from it.

My suggestion is stopping where you are. Stop bypassing fishing and adding grounds.

Yes, I have a distribution block that is fused for my mono amp and my 4 channel.

I suggest you stop making these modifications to get more power, because it honestly sounds like you're flirting with the potential of damaging your equipment, or losing the car altogether. If you need your system diagnosed, take it to a professional and have them fix it for you.

Archived