Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

choose an enclosure for RF T2 15


splx1

Recommended Posts

Posted

hi,

I have a sedan lancer with 110 Amp alternator,2 200Amp battries,1 DD M4a.an recently i bought a rockford fosgate t2 15.

i want to make a spl box for this sub with your help,I want to make bandpass enclosure but in special conditions.

i have an idea:that is the first chamber that sub will be boltin is a mdf made box second chamber will be the trunk of the car and ports will guide from rear deck to the inside of the car.

Dual_Reflex_BP.png?1314143384

reason of this idea is getting spl in a sedan car is a little bit harder than the others.this work will be make the whole of the trunk an enclosure.

need your help and experience about making it,

tnx.

Posted

Unless you have a lot of experience in designing enclosure, I wouldn't expect to get good results with that on a first try.

I'm not telling you not to do it, but if you do don't get upset if it doesn't work right the first time.

Also for future reference, the enclosure is known as a 6th order bandpass.

I don't know enough to say something in much confidence other than port area is really important with these.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

tnx alot krakin, :nuts:

of course i have a lot of experience in making ported & sealed enclosures but this is my frst project of making sth like this,i would luv to know what do u suggest to me about get more spl in my car i wont take the rear seats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2615 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...