Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

@six

if i get bored and have some free time i might give it a shot.

just give me the Sd (in^2) and the port length required. i'm too lazy to do the maths myself :P

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm quite noob about this...I understood how to find the port are and length, but how do I calculate the complessive box volume? Has the distance between internal lines to be the same ? I'm sorry, I'm still learning english, maybe I missed something :(</

Thanks

there is no set volume

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

just stumbled across these T-line calculators

the first is a single fold on axis,

the second is a single fold off axis

the third is a dual fold on axis

http://dbdynamixaudio.com/single-fold-on-axis-transmission-line-enclosure-calculator/

http://dbdynamixaudi...ure-calculator/

http://dbdynamixaudio.com/dual-fold-on-axis-transmission-line-enclosure-calculator/

let us know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve or anybody? I just found out about the T-line and it seems to be spreading like wild fire.

Why not, it rocks.

Steve laid out the recipe real well so that anybody who can read can build a box and kick some ass. But not everybody understands the theory (like myself)

When I did the calcs I forgot to devide by 4 and was like, "Holy shit, a 66ft port". So i started looking for limosines.

My question is why a quarter box? Would there be any gain in creating a third, half, or full wave box? And if not, then why not an 8th or a 16th wave box?

LOL my box was going to be 5' x 5' x 10' tuned to my Fs of 17hz. Still going to do it, but I might not have to buy that 6 door Deville :)

*Adds...

After racking my brain on how to stuff 66ft worth of port in my vehicle Well Hell, divide by 4 and I can shove 16ft up my Ass and still have room. :)

DSC00302-1-1.jpg

All depends on your available airspace.

1/4 wave works good in tight locations, decently in rooms. 1/2 wave is for larger rooms or outdoors. Full wave.. well you might as well be building snowhorns at that point.

Wish I had the clarions btw :(

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

make a video of "bass I love you" playing on it.

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived