Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Nobody wants to help me? :( I can't understand how to calculate exactly the length and how to place the 4 subs in single box. If i have 4 12" subs the port area has to be the sd of 1 sub multiplied by 4?

yep, and 2mts and 50cm total lenght for 34hz tune

Nobody wants to help me? :( I can't understand how to calculate exactly the length and how to place the 4 subs in single box. If i have 4 12" subs the port area has to be the sd of 1 sub multiplied by 4?

i don't understand... what is 2mts? and 50 cm total length???

Can you show me in a draw? and how to place the subs? i am not from US so its hard for me to understand... :(

i don't understand... what is 2mts? and 50 cm total length???

Can you show me in a draw? and how to place the subs? i am not from US so its hard for me to understand... :(

speed of sound 340mts/sec divide by the chosen frec, this time is 34hz = 10mts long (full lenght of a 34hz wave) then u have to divide by 4 to get 1/4 of the wave lenght 10mts/4 = 2,5 mts and this is the full lenght of your t-line box tuned at 34hz, it varies on each frec. the lowest Hz, the largest box :P

20Hz = 4,25mts

25Hz = 3,4mts

30Hz = 2,83mts

35Hz = 2,43mts

40Hz = 2.12mts

45Hz = 1,88mts

50Hz = 1,7mts

and so..

ps: where you from? o.o

depends on your layout of the drivers.

chatran - m/s

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

what amps are those?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived