Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I'm just not sure how the 18 will like the t line ... I have one sketchup for a pair of infinity reference 8s I wanna try ... I did one for all 4 8s but it was too big for my buddies liking ( was going to build it for him as a surprise) ... I also have a little cheapy mtx 10 is like to do one for , my truebass ultra 8 aswell , possibly my punch hx2s lol ... I am very intrigued by t lines I even bought a pair of tang band 6.5" woofer to do one with ... Hoping to get myself the tools to start building boxes for xmas but since I may have to buy a new phone ( at full cost none the less ) plus having quarterly taxes coming up I may have to wait till January to buy myself some tools lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

I'm just not sure how the 18 will like the t line ... I have one sketchup for a pair of infinity reference 8s I wanna try ... I did one for all 4 8s but it was too big for my buddies liking ( was going to build it for him as a surprise) ... I also have a little cheapy mtx 10 is like to do one for , my truebass ultra 8 aswell , possibly my punch hx2s lol ... I am very intrigued by t lines I even bought a pair of tang band 6.5" woofer to do one with ... Hoping to get myself the tools to start building boxes for xmas but since I may have to buy a new phone ( at full cost none the less ) plus having quarterly taxes coming up I may have to wait till January to buy myself some tools lol

I have one rgith now with a 10$ home audio woofer..not even subwoofer..tuned wayyyyy below its FS..still sounds good down into 25hz range by ear all on 15-20w...probably clipped lol. clamped 18w at one point with my cheapy meters haha. Its surprising. I can't wait to put the VVX in the one I just built.

Its still not done. Have to router..bondo..paint or bedline. I used Dados and Rabbets to build the whole thing no screws.

IMG_20121119_165136.jpg

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

On another note theres no reason I wouldn't try on with the 18 if you have the room. Eventually I might remove my back seats and go with 2 -15's in one. I already did a sketchup a while ago...not even a wall.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I was looking at some home audio subs early for t lines lol ... I'm tellin ya man I wanna t line anything that'll hold still long enough haha ... I've always been curious of them but thought they were above my understanding ... Now I have the idea and math down ( I'm good with math anyway so after the process was dumbed down I was like holy shit that's easy lol ) just have to get some tools next month and start practicing on the actual construction, the only thing I am a little worried about giving me problems is the 45s in the corners , sizing ,placement , securing them and the actual 45 cut ... All kinda worries me a bit lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Don't do the 45's...I did 45's and without them just to try on the same enclosure and I felt like it hurt it (by ear) anyways. Waste of time. Sealing all interior seams and edges is a bitch though.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Really now ... I was under the impression you needed them to keep the port width the same around the corners ... And ear is all I care about lol .. that makes this a whole lot easier thanks for the heads up buddy

Edit

I just had a moment to mess with the idea of the hdc3 t line lol ... 25.5"x10" line about 9foot long for 31hz ... As long as I can squeeze 8-9foot line in ill be happy ... Going to do sub and port back .. should do alright I suppose ... Now if my taxes would hurry and be done I can buy some tools to get started :)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

need constuctive critism, i read that 45s are better then rounding the corners is this true ? it will be used in my house facing the corner, its for a Diamond Audio 12" mach 5 from 2000-I based the design using the speakers Hz(30) and Sd Surface(i got 91.478 and i think im wrong) i got 9'5" for the line length and any and all help will be very appreciated..... for home theater as well as Rap/Hip Hop- the TS are..Znom2.0, Fs30, Qes.36,Qts.33, Vas(L)49,BL(T-M)12.4, Sd(M2).053, Cms(mmN).122, Mms(g)229, Xmax(mm)10, SPL-87.5, Revc 1.4, (i think the Qms is 3.960 but not sure) also i think i figured my Sd in inches wrong..not sure what M2 means but i timesd it by 1726 to figure my port area to be 13" by 7"...also should i brace both the 7" and 13" with 1" wooden dowels and every foot ? and would doubling the 3/4 mdf to 1-1/2 make a worthy difference..and whats the best type of caulking should i use? thank you all so much for your help ..Sean

need constuctive critism, i read that 45s are better then rounding the corners is this true ? it will be used in my house facing the corner, its for a Diamond Audio 12" mach 5 from 2000-I based the design using the speakers Hz(30) and Sd Surface(i got 91.478 and i think im wrong) i got 9'5" for the line length and any and all help will be very appreciated..... for home theater as well as Rap/Hip Hop- the TS are..Znom2.0, Fs30, Qes.36,Qts.33, Vas(L)49,BL(T-M)12.4, Sd(M2).053, Cms(mmN).122, Mms(g)229, Xmax(mm)10, SPL-87.5, Revc 1.4, (i think the Qms is 3.960 but not sure) also i think i figured my Sd in inches wrong..not sure what M2 means but i timesd it by 1726 to figure my port area to be 13" by 7"...also should i brace both the 7" and 13" with 1" wooden dowels and every foot ? and would doubling the 3/4 mdf to 1-1/2 make a worthy difference..and whats the best type of caulking should i use? thank you all so much for your help ..Sean

Archived