Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Wouldn't work right. For one thing, each sub has a different port length. The sub on the right will just flow air straight down around and up. Doing 2 subs in 1 line is tricky.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Wouldn't work right. For one thing, each sub has a different port length. The sub on the right will just flow air straight down around and up. Doing 2 subs in 1 line is tricky.

Would I be able to mount one of the sub to the inside port face?

That way both subs would see the same line length. But I bet that would messup something else. :blink:

Lol yea. Thats why I'm saying its tricky. You could mount them isobarically, but all that would do is make the box smaller and the output smaller as well, plus it makes designing just that much more complicated. That line should be 9.7 feet long. For two 15's, this form of box might be too big for you. I mean, you could do a blowthrough if you really wanted. But yea, I'd stick with either a one sub line or just make a ported box for the both of them. If you do that right, it'll sound great and get real loud. Transmission lines are cool, but they just take up so much room.

Subwoofer Wall

Lol yea. Thats why I'm saying its tricky. You could mount them isobarically, but all that would do is make the box smaller and the output smaller as well, plus it makes designing just that much more complicated. That line should be 9.7 feet long. For two 15's, this form of box might be too big for you. I mean, you could do a blowthrough if you really wanted. But yea, I'd stick with either a one sub line or just make a ported box for the both of them. If you do that right, it'll sound great and get real loud. Transmission lines are cool, but they just take up so much room.

I already have a great ported box for them. I'm just thinking of different ideas.

go to www.teamtoxicbass.com, and on their site they have a little flash animation of just about every box type you can think of, and probably a bunch you didnt know existed. i mean you can't learn from there how to design them, but it opens the eyes to the possibilities.

Subwoofer Wall

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, neither of those boxes would work, there will be cancelations. Only ways would be to do ISO push pull(which seriously GET DOWN) or side by side, where the woofers are in the same location within the transmission line. One way I have heard from a speaker GURU I used to work with, said you can do the second woofer EXACTLY 1/5th the way down the line, but you will lose BOOMINESS, and it will be more of an accurate box, but lesser in volumn, basically gainning bandwidth, lose boom

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

BTW- IAM BACK!!!! Again, but ofcourse I cant post new theads still.... just here in already posted threads.... Ive got lots of new designs, and have tried a few new transmission lines, and horns, been busy on my time off from SMD

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 1 month later...

I cannot believe this topic has been viewed 3700 times, well, 3699 I guess, and still pinned to the top

I would have started a few other topics and build logs on other quarter waves/horns, ect, but for some reason I just cant start topics

But anyways, just nice to see this topic is still alive

sundown.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived