Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

So it is going to be home theater?

I'd tune crazy low if there are going to be 4 12's.

I'd tune to 30hz.

To begin with and see how you like it.

Yea I will probably use them inside but I also wanted to use them outside because I have a pair of Altec Lansing A7s (my default pic thingy) and they get LOUD for the mids and highs but I wanted to dedicate some 12's I have to bass. Do you think a T-Line would be good for that use?

• 2 weeks later...

HI, ive been reading through this and was wanting to do a 18 inch sub. my question is with a port opening of 254 square inches. do you think this will be fine for a box. i am doing a cut through on an s10 and wanted the sub abd port next to each other for a smaller hole. ive included a pic and hope you can understand what im saying any help is very appreciated.

thanks Dan

Posted Image

thanks, my port opening is 19 tall by 13.25 wide ( internal dimensions) . so in order to have sub and port same side the second chamber will be 19 by 19 ,so i was going to taper it down to 13.25 wide just behind the sub. so that my port area was consistent. will it affect it if i taper all the way back as far as port area being to big in the beginning.

thanks, my port opening is 19 tall by 13.25 wide ( internal dimensions) . so in order to have sub and port same side the second chamber will be 19 by 19 ,so i was going to taper it down to 13.25 wide just behind the sub. so that my port area was consistent. will it affect it if i taper all the way back as far as port area being to big in the beginning.

No.

Ok my sub has a 2" surround. My question is why would you measure from the middle of the surround opposed to the acutaul cone area. measuring from side to side of cone. i might just be talking out of my ass but its something to talk about.

l_925bbcf8e16e9a0ad18d8a73c191df27.pngm_c1dbd6ec536f5f5ca657139d31b602d1.jpg

Ok my sub has a 2" surround. My question is why would you measure from the middle of the surround opposed to the acutaul cone area. measuring from side to side of cone. i might just be talking out of my ass but its something to talk about.

I don't know where the link is but there is a reason you are supposed to measure from middle to middle.

Not all of the sub is moving.

To calculate this unmoving mass. You measure frm middle to middle because that is the largest full excurding area.

• 1 month later...

Archived