Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

ok someone just gave me a junky ass visonik 10.

i want to try a t-line for it.

i have no idea on specs for this thing though.

it was one of those package deals on ebay, came with a "300" watt amp and a box.

but i wanna try to do a t-line for this, and try to get as much output out of this POS as possible, and ill probly cook it cuz im gonna run it off my p400.2 but i dont care it was given to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VISONIK-10-SubWoofer-5...1QQcmdZViewItem

thats pretty much it ill take pics tomorrow.

but if someone could design a t-line for me it'd be great, idk shoot for 40hz tuning?

ill give space tomorrow too.

thanks in advance

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

dunno if I would waste my time, need some specs to see what your shooting for

I mean, I dunno, if you want to waste the wood, go for it- But get some kind of actual "driver" t/s parameters for it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

im lookin for some specs.

i have some scrap wood in the shop that im gonna try to use for it, i might not do it, but i wanna try it and im not worried about fuckin this sub up.

and if it actually does something ill be proud lol.

i really wanna do one with 2 really nice 10's but i cant afford it.

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

it will be great for practice, to get an idea of the 1/4 wave theory, to understand all that is involved in building these things.

My advice, is just try and do a simple "U" turn design, 1 bend, and at 40hz, the box shouldnt be longer than 38"

and it will be really simple in design

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

that sounds great.

http://www.visonikcaraudio.com/product.jhtm?id=574&cid=9

i think thats the woofer.

so it says 1.75ft^3 for ported.

thats all the specs the website gives.

i know alot more is required for t-line type box.

think you could draw me somethin up?

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

yeah, Iam actually drawing up a 18" folded horn right now

so, I will get on that in awhile

just somethin simple, and universal

sundown.jpg

thanks man, i appreciate it.

i forgot to get out the camera to take pics of the thing today, was too busy tryin to get ready for this gay ass storm comin

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

Hey guys, found a pretty cool sight that has a tapered t-line calculator, I was like Whattt???

Ive heard to many variables to actually put up a posted calculator for t-lines, but looks like this is a simple one, with a whole bunch of other calcs from crossovers to ported boxes, to sealed boxes, and band passes

Enjoy...........

http://82.95.237.142/mhsoft/spk_calc.asp#transmissionline

sundown.jpg

Hey guys, found a pretty cool sight that has a tapered t-line calculator, I was like Whattt???

Ive heard to many variables to actually put up a posted calculator for t-lines, but looks like this is a simple one, with a whole bunch of other calcs from crossovers to ported boxes, to sealed boxes, and band passes

Enjoy...........

http://82.95.237.142/mhsoft/spk_calc.asp#transmissionline

It won't take more than a 3 digit number for SD. :(

Archived