Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Forevrbumpn,

Does using two subs in a push/pull t-line need to be designed any different or just use the same formula?

Sorry if you already addressed this, I started skimming after about a thousand posts. :D

I'm thinking of trying a huge one for two 15's if I have enough room.

On the Iso, were you going cone to cone, or 1 sub in the line, firing in to a sealed box with another sub on the outside?

With the sealed box between the 2 subs, I just noticed Qts x's Vas worked fine for me, ended up being like 1.25cf I think for the 2-15s I did, but the bandwidth was very narrow, tuned at 34, played very strongly from 34 to mid 20's, NOTHING over tuning

If a pushpull design,cone to cone, should be the same dealio, Try the Qts x's Vas, and the rear wave firing in to box... I will draw something up really quick

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

^^^ That is the easier design, gimme like 10 mins

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not bad for a lil 10 min drawing, this is tuned to 35 hz, I didn't check CF of sealed, or port area

sundown.jpg

no problem ;-)

remember, push pull, VAS is halved, so the sealed box will be smaller than just using 1 sub woofer bandpass

If you went with this style box, I guarantee you will be impressed

sundown.jpg

Plexi top would be sweet, I left the top open just to see the inside how it would look

would have to be a removable side, and the 2 woofers mounted on board that bolts on to another board- thats why its double thick in the pic

sundown.jpg

Archived