Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

So it would make it a one note wonder?

No, just a very narrow bandwidth that is closest to tuning, wouldn't be to great as a burp box

The Iso I built sounded Okay, and was Loud in Iso form, but got louder, and sounded better in 4th order form, and got even louder in chocked tline form

Azn, I tried DLing that hornresp, it doesn't want to work at all with my comp, is it because of Vista?

I could really use a program like that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I frequent diyaudio a lot trying to get the damn thing down...I think the program has a problem with Vista IIRC. Vista blows dick anyways.

the program works fine on my computer though...akabak is confusing as hell though.

If you have enough hard drive space why not partition a little out for windows XP.

How close to the beginning of the line/port do you need to mount the sub? I'm going to assume as close as you can get to the wall of the box? or does it matter it's it's a few inches either way? Also, how far should the 45's stick out in the corners? I'm just worried about throwing the tuning off ect.

Might be a dumb question, but is port positioning more critical with a T-line as compare to a standard ported box? Asking because I know in a lot of suv's people do sub up port back, and trunk cars sub up port back or port side.

I'm gonna practice with 4" Vifa sub for a first project. Is this the same one you had? Vifa 4 incher

BTW great tutorial Forevrbumpn, I think you just changed the way I do car audio forever lol.

I frequent diyaudio a lot trying to get the damn thing down...I think the program has a problem with Vista IIRC. Vista blows dick anyways.

the program works fine on my computer though...akabak is confusing as hell though.

If you have enough hard drive space why not partition a little out for windows XP.

my computer in my garage is XP, but I have dialup on it, I will try DLing it from that computer someday really soon

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

my computer in my garage is XP, but I have dialup on it, I will try DLing it from that computer someday really soon

hey on your vista computer right click on the .exe and click properties.

then go to compatibility, and check the box that says something about running the program in compatibility mode.

made it work on my vista computer.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I keep finding it in a Winzip file when I look up Hornresp

http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/dmcbean/

If there is another site, let me know

sundown.jpg

Archived