Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

what if you don't add the 45's?

no 45's just means slightly less optimal airflow path. Weird peaks is about all.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

what about if you do a bit less port area, for example a 12" woofer is about 90in^2 of port area, what about if you give it per say 75in^2 of port area

More output above tuning frequency and more power handling above tuning. How much more is going to be dependent on system/install and it will be less flat output so possibly not good for daily listening.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

• 3 weeks later...

This type of box is literally a single long port.

Hammerdown... 1%

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a Quaterwave T-line for an Ascendant Audio Chaos 12. Originally it was designed for a 10 but due to port area a 12 will fit better Fs is very similar from the 10 to the 12, so that shouldnt be an issue. This box would be for myself, in a trunk car, sealed off firing into cabin. I cant find resonant frequency, i know its not as important if your not major SPL, but using the generic way, my freq was around 37 i believe, dunno if that helps it or not

I also made a vid of myself making the box, Ill upload it when im done adding a song to it.

Tuned to 36.45 Hz

Constant Port Area: 78 Sq In

Port Length: 93 In or 7.75 ft

Outer Dimensions: 15 tall x 36 wide x 22 deep

Outer cuft: 6.875 cuft

after considering 45s and wood and woofer displacement cuft: 4.06 cuft

finished box

front-1.png

top view

Top-1.png

I would turn it around and have it firing backwards. Unless you seal the box perfectly into the trunk it usually works best that way.

Hammerdown... 1%

I would turn it around and have it firing backwards. Unless you seal the box perfectly into the trunk it usually works best that way.

yes, thats what I have been told, I need to be real careful about sealing it and it has to be air tight

any good ways of making sure its air tight? besides killing every noticeable spot with duct tape, lol

i wont be actually building for a few months, just getting equipment and designs set up

duct tape isnt going to do the job lol.

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived